Benefits of Nicotine Pouches
The number of Americans moving away from tobacco products is on the rise, but why? What are nicotine pouches and what are the benefits? Here are our top 5 reasons why nicotine pouches are the best way to get your nicotine on the go!
Why Use Nicotine Pouches?
Nicotine pouches are fibrous pouches with fillers, sweeteners, flavorings and nicotine. Nicotine pouches offer an alternative to other oral tobacco products and give a smoke-free alternative to vapes and combustible tobacco products (such as cigarettes). These pouches are tobacco leaf-free, smoke-free (avoiding the harm of secondhand smoke and carcinogens in it), and come in many flavor and strength options (so you can tailor your nicotine experience. As for how nicotine pouches work, they work orally: when the pouch comes in contact with the mucous lining of your mouth - and this is how the nicotine enters your system.
5 Benefits of Nicotine Pouches
- They are smoke-free. This has two benefits: you can enjoy them anywhere, even inside (so you get to avoid having to go outside to enjoy your nicotine experience), and you are not sharing the negative impact of second-hand smoke with those around you.
- They park comfortably. No one has to know you are using a nicotine pouch unless you want them to. The pouches sit between your upper lip and gum, making them basically unnoticeable to those around you, and they are spit-free.
- They don’t have an unpleasant odor. Unlike smoking or using tobacco products, there is no unpleasant tobacco odor from nicotine pouches. Nicotine pouches are all white, meaning they contain the nicotine without the tobacco (the element that is known to cause yellow staining).
- There are lots of options. Nicotine pouches come in a wide catalog of flavors and nicotine strengths. You can pick from 0mg to 20mg nicotine strengths and choose from lots of popular flavors including wintergreen, berry and cinnamon flavors!
- They are convenient. Nicotine pouches, in general, are less expensive than tobacco products (especially if you order ZYNs online or generally buy nicotine pouches online).
Benefits of Nicotine
While we have covered the benefits of nicotine pouches, are there any benefits of nicotine itself?
According to a new report by Dr Fredrik Nyström (Professor of Internal Medicine at Linköping University), regular nicotine use can improve focus, weight loss, and even dementia. While the benefits of nicotine are often overlooked due to the severe health risks associated with traditional cigarettes, Dr. Nyström argues that nicotine carries a range of positive effects for users.
Nicotine and Focus. In his most recent study, Dr. Nyström details how nicotine use improves focus. When compared with coffee, for example, nicotine provides greater precision and the ability to perform tasks. One recent study found that nicotine contributed to higher archery scores for smoking over non-smoking archers. The same has also been witnessed among oral surgery patients who have felt less pain and swelling while using nicotine, giving them the ability to focus their attention away from the lingering toothache.
Nicotine and Weight Loss. As for weight loss, Dr. Nyström highlights the correlation between nicotine use and enhanced energy expenditure, which contributes to weight loss. A recent study, for example, found that nicotine users burn over 60 more calories a day than those who have never smoked. The study also found that both a moderate and low nicotine doses increased energy expenditure compared with a placebo.
Nicotine also has the dual effect of helping consumers feel satiated, making them less likely to consume food that would otherwise cause weight gain. Studies have shown that smokers who wore nicotine patches displayed decreased caloric, carbohydrate, and fat intake. Data has also shown that the appetite suppressing effects of nicotine are further enhanced by caffeine.
Nicotine and Dementia. Dr. Nyström’s study also examines the role of nicotine on psychiatric illnesses and dementia. According to several studies, nicotine use has helped reduce depression and increase REM sleep time. One trial, for example, found that nicotine better reduced depression than the antidepressant fluoxetine, commonly known as Prozac.
A separate trial found nicotine also reduces symptoms of ADHD, with those who wore nicotine patches reporting fewer symptoms and improved moods. Further, scientific evidence has demonstrated the benefits of nicotine in age-related neuropsychiatric conditions including dementia, Mild Cognitive Impairment, Age Associated Memory Impairment, and schizophrenia as it improves cognitive function and focus. A six-month double blind trial found that nicotine can benefit cognitive performance in elderly with mild cognitive impairment, improving attentional performance and episodic memory.
However, it is important to note that nicotine is an addictive substance when you look at the pros and cons of nicotine. Overuse of nicotine can have negative side effects, you should only use nicotine products if you are over 21 and all nicotine products should be used with caution.