Northerner Scandinavia Inc. ("Northerner," “we,” ‘us” or “our”) recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of our online visitors.
This privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) describes why and how we collect and use personal information when you interact with us and visit our website at www.nicokick.com or other US websites operated by Northerner where we have posted this Privacy Notice (collectively, the “Site”).
Please review this Privacy Notice carefully. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any queries of our collection and further processing of your personal information.
For our California consumers, please note that you can access additional information by visiting our CCPA Notice which is available here.
1. What personal information do we collect?
Northerner may collect information that is personally identifiable to you. This information may include:
· Contact details such as name, address, phone number and e-mail address.
· Age, birth date and gender.
· Order information, for example order number, date, products, quantity, price, and shipping and payment methods, including purchasing history.
· Payment details, such as payment method, transaction time, paid amount and IP address.
· Account information, such as account number, username, password and date of registration.
· Correspondence and other information you provide to us related to support matters such as notes and emails from contacts with Customer Care.
· Feedback and survey responses, which may include personal information relating to your lifestyle and usage of our products.
· User-generated data about your your use of our Site and interaction with our marketing communication, for example IP address, geolocation data, device information (technical information about the computer, mobile phone and other devices you use, such as browser settings, time zone, and operating system), browsing and searches.
2. From which sources do we collect information about you?
We collect information through direct interactions with you, as well as by automated technologies such as cookies and web beacons. For example, when you submit an order to us, create an account, complete one of our surveys or contact us via the Site’s webform, you are asked to provide us with various personal information. For more information about how we use automated information collection tools, please see below.
We may also combine your personal information with information we receive from third parties such as analytics providers, advertising networks and data brokers or aggregators.
3. Why do we process personal information?
We collect and process personal information about you for various purposes, mainly the purposes described below and for any other purposes stated at the point of collection. Kindly note that this is a general description of our processing and that all processing may not be applicable to your personal information.
· To administrate your user account and profile.
· To manage orders and purchases.
· To verify your age for a purchase.
· To manage support matters with Customer Care or our Privacy Team, for example correcting incorrect information
· To provide personalized information, offers and recommendations based on what other persons with similar behaviors have been interested in, and which products you have purchased or shown interest in.
· To market and provide other information about our products and services, including but not limited to newsletters.
· To communicate important messages, such as material changes to our Terms and Conditions or Privacy Notice.
· To carry out market research, including evaluation of our customer data base to assess which customers would be suitable participants.
· To coordinate and administrate participation in events, competitions, and other similar activities.
· To evaluate, develop and improve the Site as well as our services, products, and systems, for example technical troubleshooting and backup storage.
· To produce anonymous, aggregated datasets, and to conduct analytics on these datasets, in order to better understand our customers, set our business and marketing strategies and provide relevant data to our partners for their business use.
· To fulfill our legal obligations, for example related to accounting requirements or product safety.
· To establish, exercise or defend legal claims, including to detect fraud or other illegal activities.
4. Regarding your birth date and minors
We ask you to provide your birth date when placing an order. We require this information in order to verify your age to comply with legal age limit limitations for the sale of tobacco and/or nicotine products.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from any person under the age of eighteen. No parts of our Site are directed to or designed to attract anyone under the age of eighteen.
5. How may we share information?
We may share your information with our service providers to perform the functions for which we engage them. For example, we may use third parties to host the Site or assist us in providing functionality on the Site, provide data analysis on the Site and process payments. We may also disclose information to companies for usage in the evaluation and disclosure of reviews of our products and services and our Site, as well as market research.
We may share your information with other companies of the Haypp Group, for business and operational purposes. We may also share your information with other businesses with whom we have a relationship so that they can provide you with information about products and services that may be of interest to you.
Additionally, we may share information that we collect from users as needed to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We will disclose personal information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process. We may also share personal information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
We may transfer information, including your personal information, in connection with a change of ownership or control by or of us or any affiliated entity (in each case whether in whole or in part).
6. How do we protect your information?
We are always striving to protect your personal information by implementing a variety of security measures designed to prevent unauthorized intrusion to the Site and the alteration, acquisition or misuse of your information. However, the security of information transmitted over the internet cannot be guaranteed. It is also your responsibility to protect your login information.
7. What about cookies and other information collection tools?
What are cookies? A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website or use an online service. When you visit the website or use the service again, the cookie allows that website or online service to recognize your browser or device. Cookies may store unique identifiers, user preferences and other information.
Duration of Cookies. We may use “session cookies” or “persistent cookies.” Session cookies are temporary and expire once you close your browser or once your session ends. Persistent cookies remain on your device for much longer or until you or your browser erase them. Persistent cookies have varying durations that are dependent on their expiration date.
How do I control cookies? Web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to manage and delete cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Some web browsers provide settings that allow a user to reject cookies or to alert a user when a cookie is placed on the user’s computer, tablet or mobile device. Most mobile devices also offer settings to reject mobile device identifiers. Although users are not required to accept cookies or mobile device identifiers, blocking or rejecting them may prevent access to some features available through the Site.
8. California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents with whom we have an established business relationship are entitled to request and receive, free of charge, once per calendar year, information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses in the previous calendar year. To request a copy, please contact us via our web form or via our contact information listed below. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” law requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
For our California consumers, please note that you can access additional information by visiting our CCPA Notice which is available here.
9. Do Not Track
Our Site does not currently take any action when it receives a Do Not Track request.
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.
10. Links to other sites
Our Site may contain links to third party websites. Any access to and use of such third party websites is not governed by this Privacy Notice, but is instead governed by the privacy notices or policies of those third party websites, and we are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites. We encourage you to review the privacy notices of all websites you visit.
11. Contact us
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice please contact us at:
Northerner Scandinavia, Inc.
33 S 7th St 2nd Floor
Allentown, PA 18101 United States
You can also call Nicokick’s Customer Service at +1-844-516-4713 or reach out via our web form.
12. Changes to this Privacy Notice
Northerner reserves the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice. Any such changes will be published on the Site. We therefore encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Notice for any changes.
The latest update was made on 19 January 2021
Snusbolaget Norden AB, company reg. no. 556801-3683, ("The Company" or “We”) is the responsible company for the processing of your personal data when using the Company Website (www.nicokick.com) (“the Website”), mobile website or contacting the Company through our Customer Service. We are strongly committed to protecting personal data. This privacy statement describes why and how we collect and use personal data and provides information about individuals’ rights. It applies to personal data provided to us, both by individuals themselves or by others. We may use personal data provided to us for any of the purposes described in this privacy statement or as otherwise stated at the point of collection.
Which personal data do we collect?
The company collects information at first directly from you as a customer. We collect the following personal information from you.
- Name and social security number
- Phone number and email
- Payment details
- Account information
- IP address and information about your use of the Company's Website
- Information about visitor statistics, which of our goods or offers you have been interested in, how you have interacted with our newsletters
- Information about your purchases
How do we protect your information?
We are always striving to make sure your information is protected by implementing a variety of security measures.
We offer secure ‘https’ encryption to all browsable parts of Nicokick.com website
- Access to your data is password protected and sensitive data (such as credit or debit card information) is protected by SSL encryption when it is exchanged between your web browser and the Nicokick webserver(s). Also, we don’t keep any details of your credit or debit card in our database(s) or elsewhere.
- We monitor our systems on a regular basis to minimize the threat of any attacks, as well as testing our systems on a regular basis to identify possible improvements.
- We will do our best to protect your personal data, but there are a number of things you can do to help.
- All system updates applied to Nicokick.com, will prior to release be thoroughly tested in our development environment.
This includes keeping your account safe by creating a strong password that includes a combination of letters, numbers and symbols in both uppercase and lowercase
How we use the information collected
The Company processes personal information mainly for the purposes stated below and for any additional purposes stated at the point of collection:
- In order to manage your order / purchase and manage your user account;
- Enable good customer service / manage customer service issues, such as managing your requests, correcting incorrect information, or sending information you have requested e.g. newsletters;
- Information relating to the ordering of a service is stored and analyzed, and constitutes the basis for offers and promotion of both general and targeted nature;
- In order to manage customer profiles, conduct analyzes and market research;
- For system administration and for obtaining statistical data about the behavior and patterns of our users, this does however not identify an individual but occurs at an aggregated level;
- In order to develop, deliver and improve our products and services through analysis of your behavior on our Website;
- We may process your personal information through profiling. We analyze information about your usage of our Websites, which of our products, services and offers you have been interested in, which of our newsletters you have interacted with, information about your purchases and information about your account, in order to provide you with the most relevant offers. This information may be anonymized and transferred to our partners. This is done at an entirely anonymous and aggregated level.
- In order to send you information and marketing via digital communication, as you have an active customer relationship with us please note that you can chose to opt out at any time.
- In order to provide you with relevant recommendations, offers and custom-made services based on what others with similar behavior have been interested in, what kind of service you have chosen, looked at and shown interest in;
- In order to help us develop our Website to be more useful and to enhance your user experience of the platforms offered by the Company, by customizing the display of services to the device being used;
- In order to provide you with important messages such as information about changes in our terms and policies;
- In order to fulfill legal obligations (eg requirements in the Bookkeeping Act etc)
Regarding your birth date
We ask you to provide your birth date when first entering the Website and when placing an order. We require this information in order to verify your age. The legal basis of processing of this data is our obligation to comply with age limit limitations for the sale of tobacco and/or nicotine products.
Information that may be disclosed
The Company only collaborates with third parties who processes personal data within the EU / EEA or with companies that maintain the same level of protection as in the EU / EEA by, for example, joined thes Privacy Shield-EU-US Shield Agreement.
Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device and are widely used in order to either make websites, work more efficiently, let you navigate between pages, remember your preferences, and generally improve your user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
By using Nicokick.com, you agree to placing cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in future. If you want to deny the use and saving of cookies on your computer’s hard drive, you should take necessary steps within your web browsers security settings to block all cookies from Nicokick.com and its external serving vendors.
You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org.
Lawful basis, storage and disclosure of personal data
By submitting information to the Company, you grant your permission to the Company to register, store and process your personal data for the specified purposes. The lawful bases for processing are
(a) Contract: the processing is necessary in order for the company to fulfil the purchase contract between you and the Company.
(b) Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for the Company’s legal compliance, e.g. the Bookkeeping act.
(c) Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for the Company’s legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party.
The Company stores your personal data for as long as you are a customer with us, i.e as long as you have not unsubscribed from your account with the Company. This means that the personal data will be erased when they are no longer relevant or necessary for the purposes for which they were collected. .If you do not have an account with us, your information will be stored for two years from your last purchase and then deleted. Some information may be retained during a longer period due to other legal requirements, such as the Bookkeeping Act. We always apply a high level of security and confidentiality when processing all personal data.
Your rights and choices
You have certain specific legal rights that you can enforce against us. A summary of these rights follows below.
Right to access/extracts from the register. You have the right to know what personal data about you we are processing. Upon request from you, we will provide you with information in writing about our processing of your personal data, free of charge.
Right to data portability. You have the right to request a copy of the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Provided that it is technologically possible, in the Company’s s sole discretion, you also have the right to request that we transfer this personal data to another controller. The right to data portability applies to personal data that is processed via automated means, and that is based on the performance of a contract.
Correction of erroneous information. You have the right to request that we correct erroneous or incomplete information about yourself. If you have an account you may also correct certain information by logging in.
Deletion of certain data. You have the right to request that we delete your personal data under certain conditions, for example if your personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which we collected the data, if you object to a weighing of legitimate interests we have carried out and support for our legitimate interest is lacking, if your personal data was processed in an unlawful manner or if your personal data has to be deleted in order to fulfill a legal obligation.
In certain cases, we must retain your personal data despite your request, owing to legal requirements such as accounting and tax legislation, or for example if we need to retain certain data in order to establish, enforce or defend a legal claim.
Right to restrict processing of your personal data. You have the right to demand a restriction on our processing of your personal data in certain cases. If, for example, you claim that your personal data is incorrect, you can request a restriction on processing for a period of time that will give us the opportunity to check if your personal data is correct.
Right to object to our processing of personal data. You have the right, under certain conditions, to object to our processing of your personal data.
You have the right to object to processing that is based on the legal grounds of our legitimate interest. However, we may continue processing your data despite your objection to the processing if we have compelling legitimate reasons for the processing that override your privacy interests.
Questions and complaits
If you have any questions regarding our processing of your personal data, or if you would like to present a request about an excerpt from the registry, data portability, correction or deletion – or present an objection or a restriction – please contact us at
Snusbolaget Norden AB, company reg no. 556801-368
Kungsgatan 27, SE-111 56 Stockholm, Sweden
Customer Service Phone number: +44 1929 290 005
If you have a complaint regarding the Company’s processing of your personal data, you have the right to submit such complaints to the competent data protection authority.
The Company reserves the right to make changes to this privacy notice. Any such changes are published on the Website. We therefore encourage you to periodically review this privacy notice for any changes.
Links to other sites
In the event that our site contains links to third party websites, or material published by third parties, these links are for information purposes only. Due to the fact that the Company has no control over the content of these websites, we cannot be held responsible for it. Further, the Company is not responsible for any loss that might arise from the use of these links. For example, at the checkout at the Website, there are links to our external payment providers. These websites apply their own privacy policies and the Company is not responsible for any personal data that you may provide on these pages.