Is ZYN Bad for You?
So, you have heard of ZYN but don’t know much about it other than the name and that they are nicotine pouches.
This guide will change that. We cover all the stuff you need to know about ZYNs from usage to if they are bad for you.
What is in ZYNs?
Each ZYN pouch contains nicotine salt, fillers, stabilizers, sweeteners, flavorings and pH adjusters.
- Nicotine Salt: a synthetic version of the nicotine salt found in tobacco leaves.
- Fillers: these include gum arabic, which is commonly found in chewing gum. They are used to add bulk to the pouch.
- Stabilizers: a plant-based additive used to help the pouch keep the regular consistency.
- Sweeteners: an alternative to sugar, used as a flavor enhancer.
- Flavorings: added to provide the flavor to the pouch experience.
How much nicotine is in ZYNs?
The nicotine content depends on which type of ZYN you choose. There are currently two different strength options: 3mg and 6mg. The ZYN 3 has 3mg of nicotine per pouch whereas the ZYN 6 has 6mg of nicotine per pouch.
Is ZYN Bad for You?
ZYN pouches are similar to all nicotine pouches when it comes to reviewing if they are bad for you. It is important to remember that ZYN contains nicotine, which is addictive and can be hard to quit.
Consuming too much nicotine can cause nicotine poisoning, which will require medical attention. Symptoms of nicotine poisoning include (but are not limited to) dizziness, headache, nausea, vomiting and tremors. Some people also report having nicotine palpitations, or ZYN palpitations (as nicotine effects heart rate) from overusing nicotine pouches.
Nicotine pouches such as ZYN have both positives and negatives, so always use them in moderation to try to mitigate nicotine palpitations and other negative side effects.
What are some of the benefits of ZYNs?
ZYN gives you the nicotine experience while removing smoke and tobacco. The pouches are easy to use and discreet: you can use them on the go and in public places where smoking may not be allowed.