What are Nicotine Lozenges?
Nicotine lozenges and tablets are a popular alternative to all nicotine pouches, used by nicotine users across the U.S. Nicotine lozenges are small, dissolvable tablets that contain a certain amount of nicotine. When you put a nicotine lozenge in your mouth, it slowly dissolves, releasing nicotine like a nicotine pouch does orally. Nicotine lozenges are available in various flavors and strengths, allowing users to tailor their nicotine intake based on personal preference and needs.
On Nicokick, you can also find nicotine tablets (which are also known as nicotine mints or mini lozenges) These are small, fast-dissolving tablets that contain nicotine. Each nicotine tablet is made to be placed under the tongue or between the cheek and gum, where the nicotine will be absorbed through the lining of the mouth. This method provides quick and efficient delivery of nicotine into the bloodstream, for an almost instant effect.
What's the Difference Between Nicotine Lozenges & Tablets?
Nicotine lozenges and tablets are both oral nicotine products that look relatively similar. However, there are some differences between nicotine lozenges and tablets, including:
- Dissolving Method: Nicotine lozenges are slowly dissolved in the mouth, while nicotine tablets rapidly dissolve under the tongue or between the cheek and gum.
- Release Speed: Lozenges offer a gradual release of nicotine, providing a longer-lasting experience, whereas tablets provide a quick release for immediate relief from cravings.
- Flavors and Strength Options: Both lozenges and tablets come in various flavors and strengths, allowing you to choose the one that suits your taste preferences and nicotine needs, but there are some differences in the availability of flavors and strengths.
Nicotine Lozenges: How to Use Nicotine Lozenges
Using nicotine lozenges is not like using normal lozenges. However, it takes 2 simple steps to use them:
- Put a lozenge in your mouth between your gums and your cheek. This can create a warm or tingling sensation.
- Leave the lozenge to dissolve slowly over 20-30 minutes, moving it around every so often from one side of your mouth to the other.
NOTE: YOU SHOULD NOT CHEW, SUCK OR SWALLOW THE LOZENGE
How to Use Nicotine Tablets
You can use the same method you use for nicotine lozenges when using nicotine tablets. This means you should:
- Put a nicotine tablet in your mouth between your gums and your cheek. This can create a warm or tingling sensation.
- Leave the tablet to dissolve slowly over 20-30 minutes, moving it around every so often from one side of your mouth to the other.
Best Nicotine Lozenge Flavors
There are several popular flavors to pick from on Nicokick, but the top 4 most popular nicotine tablet and nicotine lozenge flavors of 2023 are:
Strengths of Nicotine Lozenges & Tablets
Nicotine lozenges come in 2 nicotine strengths: 2mg and 4mg of nicotine per lozenge. The most popular 2mg nicotine lozenges are the VELO Hard Berry lozenges and the most popular 4mg nicotine lozenges are the Rogue Citrus lozenges.
As for nicotine tablets, they also come in a 2mg and 4mg nicotine strength option. The right strength of nicotine tablet for you will depend on your preferences - if in doubt, start with a lower nicotine strength and work your way up!
Nicotine Lozenges and Tablets FAQ
- Nicotine tablets and lozenges work orally, taking around 20-30 minutes to release nicotine that is then absorbed right into the blood stream (the same way nicotine pouches do).
- On Nicokick you can find the cheapest nicotine lozenges at our discounted products page to find our deals, ordering your cans in multipacks (with 50 can packs usually giving the cheapest nicotine pouch prices).
- Nicotine lozenges contain nicotine, which is an addictive substance.
- Yes, both nicotine lozenges and tablets dissolve.